By Ron Borges
Now that Joe Calzaghe is finished with Bernard Hopkins and Miguel Cotto is ready for Antonio Margarito it seemed time to revisit our pound-for-pound debate. Here’s the latest top 10, with many slots unchanged.
1. Floyd Mayweather - No debating this whether you like his style or not.
2. Manny Pacquiao - Not by much but he got the nod over Juan Manuel Marquez so give him his props.
3. Miguel Cotto - If he beats Antonio Margarito, Pacquiao better have looked good vs. David Diaz if he wants to hold his slot.
4. Juan Manuel Marquez - If it weren’t for some bad luck you could probably flip flop him and Pacquiao and nobody could argue with you.
5. Chris John - Baddest boy nobody knows.
6. Israel Vasquez - Baddest boy a lot of people know.
7. Kelly Pavlik - Until somebody beats him, who’s a better middleweight?
8. Rafael Marquez - He’s probably better than this but he lost to Vasquez so here he sits.
9. Joe Calzaghe - He didn’t cover himself with glory against Hopkins but he did enough to in. Barely.
10. Oscar De La Hoya - You lose a split decision to the No. 1 guy after taking a year off shouldn’t you be in the top 10 somewhere? .
Honorable mention: Crisitan Mijares.